Wednesday, October 31, 2007

My First Baseball Game







Well since the last post, the Rockies managed to go all the way to the World Series so my mommy said I could go to a game. It was my first game. Daddy wanted it to be special and it doesn't get any more special than this. How many people can say that the very first live baseball game they attended was a World Series game? I bet even less can say that the first game they ever saw was a world series clincher. I got to see the World Series trophy in my first game- what do the baby cubs fans think about that! The bad news was the wrong team won the World Series. The Rockies lost to the Red Sox 4-3 and lost the series 4-0. As a result I asked mommy to destroy all my red onesies.

We got to the ball park early and went for Batting practice. We went down to Daddy's usual spot to catch a HR ball during batting practice. Where there is usually plenty of real estate, now there was only a crowd of Red Sox fans. Everyone noticed how cute I am and asked how old I am. I told them 4 weeks old. Everyone thought I was so cute...well the moment of truth came and a ball came sailing in my direction. Daddy had just passed me to mommy in my snuggli and was looking for his mitt. As the ball came in the guy next to me snagged it. The crowd jeered him: "Come on give it to the kid- its his first game!" The guy thought it over and in the end, handed me the ball!

So my first game was the world series and in my first game I caught a world series home run ball! My Dad is disgusted with the luck as he is 26 and just this year got his first HR ball AND his first world series game. What took him 26 years to accomplish I accomplished in 4 weeks!

Don't feel bad for the guy though. Because of his charity he was rewarded. 2 more balls sailed toward me and he caught both of them. The dude caught 3 balls in about 10 minutes. Now that's luck! Too bad the luck didn't carry over to the game though.

There are several pictures of me at the World Series, but my mommy will need to post the pictures and the awesome video of my daddy singing the national anthem at the world series. Stay tuned!

No comments: