Tuesday, September 23, 2008

“Don’t Let go Rose…Don’t ever let go of that promise”

Well so it finally happened- we had our housewarming party. And, if you’ve been paying attention it was a Titanic theme- Let me say AMAZING!!! We had a glorious turnout of wonderful guests, and my eyes watered with joy at the Costumes! Oh the beautiful costumes!
This was serious how people got into it! Even little Joseph got into his Tuxedo costume.
Overall we had almost 50 people in our house enjoying the atmosphere. Secretly though I feel I under delivered- there was little decorations to set the Titanic apart from just our house and I still feel a little disappointed in my self- especially after the great, awesome turnout! Let me just say that I’ll more than make up for it at Halloween! For real! I have already started decorating. But for those of you that came, a sincere Thank you and for those that dressed up, you rock and you are my hero! For real!





We just got a new camera and were not using it correctly so sorry the pictures are not the best.
I especially like “Top Hat Guy” (Chris) I pray that Top Hat guy will grace us with his (their) presence on Halloween.
and “Purple Dress Lady.” (Diane)
We also had a waiter which was impressive because he came up with the costume all by himself! Sweet!
We even had the one person who came as a lower class person win the kid portion of the contest.
There were so many great awesome costumes I can’t imagine…Halloween will be extra awesome I promise!


By the way, I haven’t forgotten about the Thriller video. I am still trying to get a firewire cable from my bro who now works graveyards so he’s hard to track down…speaking of which, James Cameron himself was at our party! So stay tuned- I promise someday to have the Thrill the Wedding Video posted, hopefully before the next wedding in November, which by the way, will not be thrilled, at least by me because I am not going. But Halloween might be thrilled…


Perhaps when I get home I’ll upload some teaser images for Halloween. It turns out I’m a dork and draw out plans for Halloween. I have my whole costume ready to go and various sketches drawn out of what you can expect. Be wary…

4 comments:

Celeste said...

Looks like I missed the party of the year!!! You guys are so fun! And your house looks amazing!! I love that staircase! Joseph is getting so big.

Russell Family said...

Wow! I love the costumes! Still so bummed we're missing all the fun...

Russell Family said...

Wow! I love the costumes! Still so bummed we're missing all the fun...

Russell Family said...

Wow! I love the costumes! Still so bummed we're missing all the fun...