Sunday, November 22, 2009

The devil's child

Have you ever sworn your child is possessed? I often think Joseph is crazy but I've never really thought "this child has a devil inside him" until last night. I heard him crying in his bed around 4:00 AM. I waited a few minutes to see if he would go back to sleep. Finally I gave up and went to see what was upsetting him. As soon as I walked into his room he went hysterical. I got him out of his crib and he started thrashing around. He was running into the wall, throwing himself on the floor, trying to hit and kick me. He would pick up books and then drop them a few feet later. At first it was a little funny to see him so out of control but it soon started to really freak me out. Nothing Jared or I would do could calm him down. Finally after 45 minutes Joseph made us go to the basement and play Wii which finally settled him down but he was still up for another hour or so.
Not really sure what brought the devil to enter my son but I hope we don't see him again.

3 comments:

Nike and Mike Kirby said...

Hahaha. I feel bad for you guys having to be up so early with a screaming child but this post made me laugh super hard.

Chadlee said...

It sounds like a night terror - hopefully it won't happen very often!

Russell Family said...

Awww...are you sure he was entirely awake? Alec's done strange things late at night and I don't think he was really awake...

4am?? What a pill!