Sunday, November 15, 2009

Snow Day

Last night the weatherman was predicting snow measuring in the feet to hit our house. We have the best stake presidency cause they decided last night to cancel all church meetings today!! I loved sleeping in today knowing I could stay in my jammies all day. Jared went to bed before the announcement so he would not believe me that church was canceled. Finally after 4 phone calls making sure we heard church was canceled he finally believed me. We enjoyed a day at home together as a family. We turned on Christmas tunes and started putting up our Christmas decorations. I figured since we didn't take our 4th of July decorations down til last week I should get an early start on Christmas.


While Jared was out shoveling our driveway Joseph and I went out and played in the snow. The storm must have changed directions because we only had 6-8 inches.

Joseph liked the snow much better this year and couldn't wait to get outside in it. He spent most of his time eating the snow and throwing "snowballs" He really thought the fact he could throw snow at other people was awesome.








After all the snow fun we had the best dinner in a long time. roast, mashed potatoes, rolls and best of all baby carrots!!! It was Jared's idea and it was super yummy!! Plus our house smelled great all day while it cooked.




2 comments:

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

looks really yummy! cant wait to see you guys for thanksgiving!

Russell Family said...

Sounds like fun!!