Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tag! You're it

My friend Susan posted these questions to answer on her blog. Join in the fun and answer them on your blog too

1. What is your favorite children's book?

That’s a tough one. There are so many to choose from. Growing up some of my favorites were:
Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak
A Chocolate Moose for Dinner– Fred Gwynne
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs - Judi Barrett
Dr. Suess, Beverly Cleverly, The Berenstain Bears, & Curious George

I have a (bad if you ask Jared) habit of buying books at garage sales, especially children’s books. I probably own at least 300 children’s books and yet I buy more almost every week. Lately Joseph has been choosing the books and he loves anything with a puppy or train but I don’t mind because I love reading stories with him anytime. If fact I was reading stories to Joseph at 2:00 AM yesterday as he was sick and wanted his mama close by. How could I resist that cute feverish face.
My least favorite book is Goodnight Moon. I think that book is so stupid and can’t believe it is so popular.



2. What's your favorite meal (I want particulars, specifics) Don't just say breakfast or dinner


Aebleskivers. I don’t make them well though so I have to have other make them for me. I can eat tons of them in one sitting. You can put whatever you want on them and being an adult now I should switch to eating them with jam or something healthy but I still favor them with my special powder sugar & sugar mixture. Totally not at all healthy but so good!!!

3. Would your favorite weekend getaway be spent with your family or alone? C'mon, it's okay to answer this one truthfully.


I would choose my family 90% of the time. I love spending time with all my family immediate and extended. Some of my best times and memories are from camping, playing games and other activities with family. That being said there is also times when being by myself for a while with a stack of books and movies sounds awesome too.

4. Who is your Hollywood heart throb?


Nick Lachey

5. What is your least favorite chore to do?


Cook dinner and clean the living room 10 times a day.


6. What is your favorite season and why?


Summer for sure. It’s hot, the sun is up late, fruit is in season, flowers are blooming; the kids are all outside playing while the adults are sitting around talking, the 4th of July, parades, smore parties, everything and everyone seem slower, plus usually you don’t have to see any snow!!

7. If you could change one feature about yourself, what would it be?


I’d like to be a few inches taller.


8. What is your favorite thing about yourself?


I remain calm in a stressful situation


9. Do you text while you drive? YOU BETTER SAY NO!


Absolutely not, if fact I rarely even text. It’s much easier to just call someone and get all the details worked out than send a bunch of texts back and forth.


10. If you could get rid of one piece of technology, what would it be?

I’d say anything that requires ear buds. I hate how everyone get so wrapped up in their iPods, games, phones, etc and tunes everyone else out. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves. I hate when I’m trying to talk to someone and they just try and carry on a conversation while still listening to their iPod. I once had a girl come over to babysit and she kept one ear bud in while I was giving her instructions. It gave the impression of “what you’re telling me is not so important that you deserve my full attention” Needless to say I never called her back to babysit again.




1 comment:

Susan R said...

Oooo good answers.
I actually have a rule that anyone sitting shotgun in the car while I'm driving is not allowed to have their iPod "plugged in" their ears. It's just rude.