Tuesday, May 6, 2008

!Viva El Bigote!



Ole Y Feliz Cinco De Mayo!



Por alguna Razon festejamos el dia Cinco de Mayo- extrano porque no tenemos ningun legado mexicano. Quizas es porque mi tio esta en mexico como misionero. No se yo.



Ok not everyone reads Spanish- what you think we should just speak Spanish? Heaven forbid we live in the US. For some reason, grandma decided to have a Cinco de Mayo party. Side Note: When we were in Mexico a few years ago, we were there on May 5th and they had no idea what we were talking about regarding “Cinco de Mayo.” Did you know there is also a “Tercer de Mayo” and a “Cuarto de Mayo?” Tambien como el Seis…



So as part of the celebration we had some delicious Mexican food, including shredded pork and Grandma’s famous Taco Salad. There was a big spread. As part of the activities everyone grew a mustache. Daddy and I started growing ours at the same time, but as you can see I beat him even though he has 2 weeks worth of growth on there (I know I couldn’t tell either) However daddy did beat me in the unibrow growing contest…or did he.



My mustache was cool, when I first had it I giggled and cooed and laughed, it was adorable. I am so cute. When I “shaved” it off it was so covered in snot that it just wouldn’t stay on me anymore. (No fotos available) but still I think the mustache made me look 10 months older! We spent the day playing Mario Kart Wii while I fell asleep quite awkwardly in my stroller. Just my feet were sticking out. Mommy is really good at Wii racing- they kept saying she got mercy and that she ruled…or maybe it was just mercy ruled I don’t remember.

Remember how I said I am so cute? Well it turns out that I have a cousin that is younger than me. And she’s a girl which means she probably has cooties, but her name is Kylie Nicole Hendrickson. She was born April 28th almost exactly 7 months after me. Mommy is upset because that was going to be my sister’s name. But she is pretty cute too, but not as cute as me because she has a funny misshapen head (grandma said mine was worse). And no mustache. Ok ok I admit she is cute too. See for yourself.


Meanwhile it has been nice having Daddy home every day- he takes care of me and changes me when I’m stinky. I like spending time with Daddy so much sometimes I make extra time at night to play with him. Daddy tells me to sleep all night but it’s just cuz I miss him.

1 comment:

Russell Family said...

How fun! It seems like you guys are always having fun, elaborate parties!

So, you're going to name your first daughter, Kylie? I approve 100%!!! :)