Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Believe in the Power of Dreams


Well now that our stupid vacation is over…

Ever have a dream? Martin Luther King, Michael Phelps, Pinocchio, Aerosmith- they all had dreams. Well I have a dream too. Like most people (this is Leigh Anna by the way) I have a dream car. Now some people like fast cars like a Corvette or a Mustang. Some like Vintage cars like a Charger or El Camino. Some even like ugly cars like a Gremlin. I want a DeLorean. You know the Back to the Future car, I want one always have always will.

What would you do if your dream was within reach? Well mine is. On eBay right now there is an auction for a 1981 DMC-12 DeLorean. The auction is at $5,600 right now. Here’s the best part- the car is here in Denver. Take a look at the auction. That’s a pittance- others in California are going for 29, 30,000$! And I’d have to fly out there. This one is here right here. What do you think, do you think I should buy it? I say yes! Jared is totally ok with it, in fact he seems to be more excited than me- however, Joseph is holding the deal up and even has trouble believing that I’m serious about buying it. Every time I try to broach the subject with him he rolls his eyes and I explain my perfectly legitimate plans to acquire the car, he then refutes them one by one. I have thought of buying it anyway and asking forgiveness later. It’s right under my nose. Plus it would be cool to get it in time for Jared’s birthday and for the anniversary we didn’t have this year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160272551490&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:MOTORS:1123

Leave your comments and help convince Joseph to let me live my dream!! I’ll let you drive it!

4 comments:

Ethan said...

Do it!!!! It rocks! (I want to ride/drive if you'll let me)

Celeste said...

That would be awesome!!! You guys are hillarious!!!

Ryan Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan Davis said...

I think you should buy it, drive to Utah then give me ride, but don't go over 88 mph. Who knows when you'll end up? :)