Saturday, March 14, 2009

Fantastic, Life Changing News

So for the last 5 or 6 months, things have been pretty gloomy around here and we have been hoping and praying and desiring only one thing. We needed a miracle from heaven and the hopes and prayers of those around us. I went through great frustration, sadness and guilt, and just was so demeaned, demoralized and defeated. Well that all changed. I went to the church to help haul the chairs over to the Stake Center for Stake Conference, when I finally received the miracle we have been seeking. It usually happens when you serve the Lord, and the blessing was immediate. On my way to the Church I saw... a DeLorean. 1986 DMC-12 in pristine condition driving by. It was so awesome! I thought, man the economy might be in shambles I don't have a job but at least there are still DeLoreans out there. It was so awesome!

I should also mention that I got a job this week. For real, and it didn't fall through or be a false alram or have some other weird consequences. I have actually made it through my first week. My new job is at the City of Lakewood Crimelab. Seriously. I work at the Crime Lab. I even have to answer the phone, "Crime Lab, this is Jared." My Official title is "Criminal History Technician," but my main role is to identify, analyze, classify and otherwise cover anything having to do with Fingerprints. And yes, AFIX and AEFIS are real and are actual, extensive databases. I've been learning about whorl, loop and Arch patterns as well as right-slant and all that jazz. I even wear Latex gloves frequently and have a Lab coat at my desk, as well as one of those little fingerprint magnifying glasses. The best part it is it's a job and I get out of the house. Even better is I think I might be enjoying my job- I know doesn't bode well right.

Anyways, just thought I'd share the excellent news with you! I suppose including the one I drove and the one I looked at at the shop, that brings my Lifetime DeLorean sighting total to 6, and counting. Someday she will be mine!

2 comments:

Russell Family said...

YAY!!!!

So glad it finally happened, keep praying for Paul though, we need a miracle too. :)

Chadlee said...

Congrats you guys, what a relief!