Monday, March 30, 2009

I'll Take Potpourri for $100 Please, Alex

Greetings-
I just thought I would ruminate for a while on several things that have happened since the last post. First, my development of PTSD- Post Traumatic Snow Disorder, stemming from the blizzard we had on Thursday. I was at work when it hit and, though everyone implored me to leave early, I stuck it out. The result was a traumatic drive through the blizzard. IT was so scary- wrecks, spin-outs, danger, blind-out conditions, treachery. I had to drive home in it and it has traumatized me. Even today coming home from work I flashed to the white-out conditions of last time. If I had insurance I would get checked out to see if I really do have PTSD.






Next is I had a visit this weekend from my bestest buddy in the whole world- Phil. We met on our respective missions and since the moment we met, we have been each other's best friends. He came out to visit this weekend and it was very much needed. We watched "Howard the Duck" played super-all-star-death Scene it with Rob and drank some old fashioned Paraguayan mate together. It was totally cool and I was sad to see him go, but I am very glad he came.










Next I wanted to share my enthusiasm for Indiana Jones. Dude, I love those movies. The new one gets a lot of flack but "Raiders" was so good it compensates for everything else. That movie is great. I wish I could be an adventurer like Indy. What a way to see the world. In fact a few months ago in Disney World, I came as close as I'll come to living the dream. At the Indiana Jones Stunt show, I was selected to be in the show. I was the very first person picked out of the crowd. I got to be a Cairo bystander in the "Marion in Basket" sequence. I got to wear a pink robe and headband and pretend like I was selling stuff, until the fight broke out then I was supposed to cheer for Indy. Somewhere there exists grainy cell phone pictures of my Indy foray. It was cool. Now my latest project is to convert our guest bedroom into an Adventureland theme. I have some IKEA torches, an Adventureland sign, Indiana Jones map, Indiana Jones movie poster and some signs that I have made to represent Adventureland ambiance. I have even obtained the Fertility Idol from Raiders which I will incorporate into the room. I am pretty excited to get going as I have gathered many items.
Anyway, if you are sad or lonely I recommend watching the Indiana Jones trilogy. It's got action, romance, adventure...in fact, "If Adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones!"

1 comment:

Russell Family said...

Wow, we'll have to stay in the guest room sometime, I love the theme! We're huge Indy fans too, we wait a few months, then watch them all again. :)

Sorry to hear you drove home in the blizzard, glad you're okay!