Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Insult to Decency...and an Outrage!

So due to economic circumstances we had to get rid of cable and decided rather than buy a converter box we'd just go down to basic (and I mean basic) cable. Which means we now get like 5 random channels including golf, and the Speed network. No HGTV or ESPN or, especially, no Fox Sports Rocky Mountain. I'm cool with this decision but because we only get like 5 random channels one of them is VH-1. So we get suckered into watching one of those countdown shows- this time the top 100 80's 1 hit wonders. Several of them are already on my playlist. Here is the link to the list:

So we start watching at about 50 and the countdown goes on and I'm wondering what will be #1. They pass "Frankie goes to Hollywood" "867-5309/Jenny" and "Twisted Sister." So then I realize with only like 3 or 4 slots to go it's obvious. The #1 80's 1 hit wonder has to be, HAS TO BE, A Flock of Seagulls "I Ran." So they get to the top 3. then the top 2...and Flcok of Seagulls is Number 2!!! I can't beleive it! There's no way. They are the pinnacle of 80's 1 hit wonders. They are the 80s. I am outraged at this point. So of course I have to wait through a commercial break to find out number one but it's not pretty. "Come on Eileen" What?!!!!!!!!! There is no way. I'm not saying Come on Eileen isn't a 1 hit wonder, but come on! More than Flock of Seagulls?!! Yeah right! I know these shows are designed to promote conversation but come on. Anyway, I have included the songs at the bottom of the playlist to let the people decide for themselves.







Also Adventureland Update. The room is progressing. I have acquired several artifacts. Blockbuster gave me a FREE, yeah that's right FREE Indiana Jones sign. I have picked out some color swatches. And I have built the centerpiece to the room. Tell me what you think! (As if anyone cares what I do to my guest room, but you will if you ever have to stay in it!) I am in love with the idol (See Exodus 20 I guess) but I am excited to have the room progress. I intend to finish the idol stand (need some craft moss) and put some dart shooters on the walls, need more plants and need to install my IKEA torch lights. But trust me when it's finished, you'll want to see it.

1 comment:

Russell Family said...

How do you survive without HGTV??? At least you can go online to HGTV.com and watch some free episodes, right? We don't watch much on TV to be fair, between HGTV.com and hulu.

Sorry, but I'm with VH-1, 'Come On Eileen' is a classic!! (and it's on my running playlist)!!!!

I LOVE the idol, that made me laugh out loud, what an awesome centerpiece!!