Thursday, April 23, 2009

A night of freedom

Joseph is having a slumber party at Grandma & Grandpa Hendrickson's house tonight. He went over to play while Jared and I went and saw "The Proposal". Afterwards I called to see if my parents wanted to keep him since it was bedtime and my dad is coming up tomorrow morning to go to the garage sales with me. (Insert big cheer from me and big groan from Jared). Much to my surprise they said "yes!!" Not that Joseph is usually any problem at night. Joseph has been a super great sleeper almost since birth and goes down without a fuss. Most night we put his pj's on, say prayers, give him a cup of milk and say good night. It takes a grand total of maybe 3 minutes. Slackers we know but I prefer to have a child that can put himself to sleep. I'm sure our next one will not be so easy.
Did I mention that Joseph has been getting his own meals lately as well. It's not even because I'm a lazy mom although I probably am. Joseph is still in his picky "I like food one day and the next day I hate the same exact food" stage. I've found that if I give him food he won't eat it but if he get it himself he'll eat. His favorite this week has been Frosted Mini Wheats and Captain Crunch. He has started eating bananas but only if you leave the peel on and let him pull it himself. I have no idea where he gets his independence from. :) Ok he totally gets it from me.
I liked to say we did great things while being childless but sadly nothing is really different. Jared went to bed not long after we got home cause he has another job interview in the morning. A huge thanks to Reid Allred for the tip on the job. While I'm wasting time reading others blogs and staying up later than I planned.
As for "The Proposal" the movie was the standard chick flick and was cute. Not something I would recommend paying full price to see but a good discount theater or DVD movie. Although much of the movie takes place in Alaska during the summer and it was looking beautiful. I won't mind visiting the lovely state during the season of continuous sun. I don't think I could be paid enough to go to Alaska in the winter but bring on the summer anytime.
Anyway I had to add some cute picture of Joseph swimming at the rec center cause a blog entry is not complete without pictures of the cutie pie





No comments: