Sunday, June 21, 2009

Idaho

My parents went to Rexburg the first week of June to visit Carl & Stephanie. Joseph and I decided it was time for a vacation too and tagged along. We had a fun week and it was interesting to see how much Rexburg has changed since I went to school there. I also got to see my old roommate Jennifer Harris Collins while I was up there. It was fun to see her again and get to meet each others children. I'm super bummed that I forgot to a picture with her. In fact I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures in general.



Joseph took the following pictures. I thought they turned out pretty good.


There's a splash park at Porter Park now that Joseph had a blast on. Even though it barely reached 70' Joseph loved playing in the water. He wasn't the only one because the place was pretty full considering the weather. I guess everyone was so use to the cold Idaho winter that 70' felt like a heat wave. Carl and my dad decided to brave the cold water and got in with Joseph. I'm happy to report that Joseph only turned blue a few times. Lucky we had a warm towel ready every 10-15 minutes for a quick warm up.





Carl tried to take out as many kids as he could while riding the slide.


Jared's little brother Zach is up at Y-Idaho as well so we got to spend lots of quality time with him as well. I think it's safe to say that we enjoyed seeing him more than he enjoyed seeing me. Zach is a great and fun guy but a little shy when it comes to girls. My goal while I was up there was to help him meet some ladies. I brought the "secret weapon" no sane girl could resist... Joseph!! We had success one night when I made Zach take Joseph and me out for ice cream. My cousin Brielle told me about G's Dairy. Which is awesome if you go to Rexburg you have to stop and have an ice cream. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I made Zach go to his FHE sister's apartment and see if any of them wanted to come with us to get ice cream. As luck would have it only one girl was home. Her name was Brittney and I really liked her. I've been bugging Zach since to ask her out on a real date but he hasn't done it yet.
If any of you know a girl I can set him up with please let me know.




1 comment:

Russell Family said...

Zach's still shy? He looks mortified in that picture! :)

Glad you had fun in Idaho-that water park looked like so much fun!