Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Welcome Home Zach!!

On Monday there was a special vibe in my house. I wasn't sure what was happening but I knew it was going to be big. It started by us all taking mommy to work which was strange because we have never done that before. When we got back to the house daddy was acting super happy and a little nervous. I played for a little while until daddy made me get dressed in my "someone in Mexico loves me" shirt. Then daddy took me to Wendy's for lunch and then we picked up mommy early. I usually don't get to see her again until dinner time. This made me super happy because I love my mommy and miss her when she goes to work. Then we drove to the airport and I was wondering where we were going this time. I was thinking its got to be someplace fun because all we packed was sombreros. We went inside and found Grandma and Grandpa Buck and Uncle Andy sitting on some chairs. We sat there forever waiting for something big. Every few minutes someone would get up and go and watch TV for a minute then come back and say the time moved later again. I got bored with this and decided I needed to run around for a while. I found this really fun rope to run under. But mommy was mean and kept telling me I couldn't go under it and run around on the other side because the area was off limits. Finally everyone got up and stood by this fence. Daddy gave everyone a sombrero and we all stood there for a long time watching people come up the escalators. Daddy kept pointing out people saying "there he is....just kidding". Grandma must have bumped her knee or something because she started to cry. Daddy shouted out "hey it's him!!" and Grandma's knee must have really started to hurt because she was really crying now. This strange boy in a cowboy hat came over and gave Grandma a hug to make her knee feel better. Grandpa came over I thought to tell the boy to leave Grandma alone but he gave the boy a hug too. Turns out the boy is my uncle Zach that mommy and daddy always made me pray for. He was serving a mission in Mexico when I was born and that is why I never met him before.
Then we went to Grandma's to take a nap, eat and play with my new uncle. He seems really nice but I think something might be wrong with him because he talks really funny. I'm worried that he might be contagious because Daddy started to talk funny too. Mommy kept laughing at them and grandma and grandpa kept asking what they were saying.

Welcome Home Zach it's good to see you again!!

No comments: