Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008








Well the best day of the year has passed and so now we have to wait a long 363 days until the next Halloween :( but that's ok because this year was pretty good. We had our costumes: Mommy was the Magic Feather, Joseph was Dumbo and I was Marty McFly from Back to the Future. We had the party at our house and I went pretty much all out on the decorations. We had really more food then we could handle. Still, a good time was had by all. Highlights included the first annual Halloween Film Festival where the clear winner was Plan 39 From Outer Space. I was scathed by the critics for recutting an existing film rather than creating a new one. I never really had much participation from my cast so it was the best option available. Next year I suppose will be much better. I just want to know how they got Bella Lugosi to be in their movie since he's been dead for so long...
We also went Trick or Treating in the neighborhood, which is how I learned the real reason parents always had to check the candy for Razor Blades- it has nothing to do with safety, its so the parents get the pick of the good candy- always wondered why every Reese's had a Razor Blade in it...
I suppose no synopsis of Halloween would be complete without mentioning the most demeaning part yet a somewhat tradition- Dumpster Diving. Every November 1 we go to a dumpster by our local Spirit and extract "Halloween Treasures." Though it is even more demeaning than garage sales we have gotten some pretty good stuff. For example this year, we got a working fog/bubble machine which is pretty sweet and like a $70 value! We also got some in tact costumes and props. Got some animatronic figures and some hats and props- All because I was willing to get a little stinky and sticky. Fear not though, I took a good long shower afterwards and got all cleaned up and was rewarded accordingly.
Yessiree a pretty good Halloween! I've already started planning for next year!

1 comment:

The Riggs Family Blog said...

Glad you had a super-fun Halloween! Sorry we couldn't make it to the party! I love the costume links you posted, too... Truly amazing! Hope to see you guys soon!