Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Free Day

Yesterday was "free day" as in everything we did had to be free (minus the gas to get there).

We started our day by going to IHOP for free pancake day. It's been years since we've been to IHOP but I'd have to say it wasn't too bad. We each got a stack of three pancakes with unlimited syrup. The pancakes were actually pretty good, a little on the heavy side as both Jared and I agreed 3 was all we could eat. Joseph ate most of his I think although there seemed to be a good potion on the floor.

I started with maple syrup but soon discovered the butter pecan syrup and thought it was super tasty!!




Jared went for the strawberry. Judging from his fake smile I'm not sure if he liked his choice or not.

Joseph went for plain pancakes as his mom was too lazy to deal with a sticky child thus no syrup options were given to him. He doesn't miss what he didn't know right. He did enjoy the crayons and his was until he poked a hole in the side. Seriously who thought styrofoam was a good choice for a kids cup?




For dessert I ate a tasty milworm not as good as the grub I ate in Brazil, not too slimy yet satisfying.


Ok so I didn't really eat the milworm although Jared said he would pay me $1.00 to eat it. I would have done it but then our day would not have been free. Besides I still make all the money so I'd really just be paying myself.

If you haven't guessed our next stop on the free day adventure was the zoo. We happened to be in the bird house for the bug toss. We each got a handful of milworms to toss on the ground for the birds. Joseph loved having the worms crawl in him and was an excellent tosser.


If you look closely you can see the parrots in the background.


Joseph wanted to bring this lizard home and if it wasn't cemented down I would have agreed. Fake is probably the only pet that poor kid will ever get.



Joseph found the drums to be really fun. Finally something he could hit without being told "NO!!"




We took Joseph to the zoo when he was about 6 weeks old and took his picture in front of this sign. I'm still amazed how much he has changed.

Leave it to me to stick my head in odd places. At least I won't get pooped on like Joseph.



Overall we had an enjoyable trip to the zoo. My parents and Diana met us there and braved the crowds with us. Plus it was super nice out unlike Valentine's Day (10 day before) when we looked like this...



Sure we didn't have the crowds the first time but I'd take warm weather and crowds any day over the cold.

I ended the day by watching Nights in Rodanthe which I got from Redbox with a free code. I read the book a few years ago so I had to check out the movie. It was a little lame if you ask me but alright for a free movie.

http://nightsinrodanthe.warnerbros.com/



1 comment:

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

we watched nights in rodanthe too the same night and i have to agree it was lame.