Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You

So its time for kind of a catch up blog. First off, I still do not have a job and the overall economy is depressing me even more. I see Community College ads while Joseph takes his nap and it seems like that is the answer- once you graduate all your problems are solved. Nevertheless, I am in the upper 10% of educated people and here I am. I have a few opportunities pending so lets hope for the best.

Next we went to see a preview of He's Just Not That Into You starring Jennifer Connolly, Kevin Connelly and others. I was expecting a stupid lame-o chick flick but it turns out it was highly complex and expertly written. I give it, get this, a 9 out of 10. Very intriguing insight into your romance status regardless of your relationship, from the just started dating, to the old married couple. I recommend it.

We watched this movie on a free Redbox DVD called the Rocker- an average movie but its about a 40 something who joins a high school band and they make it big. The funny part of the movie is at the end. We're watching it and the credits come on and Joseph wanders his way over. He starts gyrating to the rock music, swiveling his hips, clapping his hands and air guitaring. He's laughing the whole time and just keeps rocking out. We were just rolling on the Floor laughing, or as the kids would say, ROTFL. It was funny.

Plus Joseph has gone on a Punk Rocker kick lately. He died his hair into a pink mohawk, and now even has a Colorado division of Wildlife Tattoo. Too young to rebel? Nonsense!









Oh and a few weeks ago, I hit a bad skid on the job search front in that I had an interview with the Government, I made arrangements to have Joseph "Sid Vicious" get watched, because they said the interview would be all day. I carefully prepared for the interview and had everything ready to go- except the night before it snowed and was brutally viciously cold, meaning the freeways of Denver were ice. So I left home super early to have enough time to drop Joseph "Billy Idol" off and make it to my interview. the interview was at 8:30 I left at 6:30 and I had to go approximately 20 miles. I arrived at 9:15. The guy came out to meet me with a disgruntled face brow and said, "being on time is one of the responsibilities of the job- we're done here." And just like that my opportunity ended. I heard the now-familiar refrain "it wasn't meant to be" a lot that day, but most agree the guy was a jerk for not understanding I was literally trapped in traffic. Aaaargh! When will it be meant to be?!
Also we recently found some old travel vouchers and are thinking of going to DC before they expire. I want(ed) to stay in the Watergate Hotel but its closed for most of the year for renovations. Any cheap hotels nearby in DC? We are on a very tight budget and we picked DC because it is cheap (everything is free) but Lodging will be expensive. If only I could get a stinkin job...

2 comments:

Russell Family said...

Wow, the guy was a jerk! :( Sorry to hear about that.

On the flip side, Joseph looks pretty 'Rebel Without a Cause'. :) Very cute.

Chadlee said...

Thanks for the movie recommendations, loving your kids mohawk, and sorry to hear about the job search struggles. We hope something will work out for you guys very soon!