Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Seriously Lord!!

Warning:I'm writing this with my tongue deeply rooted in my cheek. I honestly don't blame the Lord for our misfortune. Please don't take my ranting too seriously.

Have you ever really wanted to scream "Seriously Lord!! Did you listen to my request!! Are you sure you haven't confused me with someone else!!"

As you are aware Jared is still out of work. I don't know if a prayer has been said in our house without a request for a job Jared. Maybe my problem is I was asking too much. My plea usually went as followed "Please help Jared to find a job that he will like (cause seriously who wants a husband who comes home every night grumpy because he hates his job) and that will make enough money to support our family so I can stay home with Joseph."

On fast Sunday (Feb 1st) we had an extended family fast for Jared to finally get a job. He had two interviews the week before and one was looking very promising. We were hopeful that our faith was going to pull us thru and that Jared would get the position we so desperately were seeking. Instead I got a call Friday (Feb 6th) from my boss telling me that layoffs had hit my office again and I was the "chosen one". Yep in answer to our plea for Jared to get a job I lost mine instead. Thus the desire to yell "SERIOUSLY LORD!!!" To top it off we still have not heard on the job but Jared was suppose to hear within a week and it's been almost two so it's not looking good.
My last day of work will be March 6th and I do get a 6 week severance and should qualify for unemployment so hopefully Jared can find something before our income and health insurance runs out. I know I should be looking for a new job as well but I haven't been able to make myself look. I'm really torn because I'd like to follow the prophet's council to stay home and raise my children (no I'm not pregnant) but I also have a desire to not let my family starve and love my house and have no desire to be homeless. I'm feeling a little robbed as well because I feel like I've done my part by going to college myself. Which allowed me to support our family while Jared completed his schooling and pay his dues. I'm tired of being the "bacon maker" and want to be a stay at home mom. Funny how growing up I thought staying home with my kids was a right, now I feel like it would be a privilege.
I know we are better off than many families because we have been living below our means, the only debt we have is our house and Jared's student loans and do have some food storage. Plus we have our health.
The Lord has blessed us with so much that I know I have no right to complain. You can never have too much humility right. I guess my new motto should be "Bring it on!!" (That's a joke Lord I really am not asking for my trials)

5 comments:

Jayme said...

Life is no fun sometimes!! We will pray for Jared to find a job that is perfect for him. You are great!!!

Adrie Peterson said...

Leigh Anna,
I'm SO sorry. Words escape me. I sadly can understand what you are going through. Greg was laid off once, and I was a stay-at-home-mom at the time. We had no idea how it would work out. To this day, I'm blown away at the miracle it was when Greg actually found a job that was better than the previous one! So, even though we don't have a crystal ball for what the future holds, we must have faith, and hope that everything will work out the way it's supposed to. Just keep doing what you know is right (and I know you already DO what is right!), and things will work out. Sometimes they don't work out the way we want/think, but they always work out somehow. Your post tore my heart out, and I will be praying for you daily. Keep smiling if you can, as "this too shall pass"...I just know it!

Russell Family said...

OH, nooo. I'm so glad to hear you get a severance and then unemployment. That should help for a while. I wish we could help out, though same boat-Paul got laid off a few weeks ago. :( Still waiting on the unemployment (4 weeks later!!), so start that as soon as they'll let you.

The Strouds said...

We will keep you guys in our prayers! I hope that you are able to stay home soon too. Just have faith that all will be well, because it always is somehow in the end.

We are always up for a little Settlers (or other game) stress relief as well!

Diagnose Rachel said...

Seriously Lord! Seriously Leah! What is up with our lives this year? And it seems like instead of envying a friends new car or remodeled house, I'm envying the amount of help someone got after surgery or the amount of help a ward will give in times of other need. I seriously would get you a job if I could get out of this next surgery without still having my current pain.